Friday, October 23, 2009

So I've gotten...

OPINIONATED! Ok... maybe just for the moment. It better not be a start of an unwanted character trait. Wait. I think my opinion has always been strong but infused with positiveness. At least I try.

BUT, at this moment, I'm worried, and that's what makes me a little more opinionated than normal. It could ALSO be that it has to do with something in education.
So.... Check this story out: http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_102309WAB-coffee-suspension-TP.24634432b.html. I even commented on it online. I NEVER do stuff like that. I'm not a political guru or anything like that, but this brought that same sense of worry about the future of our children.

This event bewilders me. I understand in my job that realllllllly I know that the moment a kid said something or the parent accused something, they win. I am always confident in my actions and my practices BUT the reality of it is- if a kid hates me, he/she can have a loud voice. I have no worries but there is a fragileness about being employed in education.

This "EVENT," peppermint schnapps or not, the administration didn't RESEARCH, or TEST or more importantly support the claim with EVIDENCE. And so once again, our career is under attack and the kids are listening. How else are they going to push the envelope? or whatever you call it. I am not a person trying to gain power, but it's difficult to have our power always under a fight. We're here to serve, not be served.

Ug. Nonetheless, just wanted to write it out. :0) Thanks for listening (reading!)

1 comment:

  1. I think without the testing of the drink to make sure it had alcohol the district shouldn't have reacted this strongly. they are not attacking the profession just the lack of follow through. Innocent until proven guilty...seems they were guilty until proven innocent.

    ReplyDelete